Monday, September 21, 2009

Dallin's 5th Birthday Party

One of my favorite hobbies is to plan my children's birthday parties. I love picking a theme and running with it. I love drawing the kids into the fun, and with their great imaginations, it's not hard! When I asked Dallin what kind of party he wanted he chose a cheetah party. I was a little intimidated by the choice. (What kind of a party is that)? He was adamant about it. So I decided to take the challenge and create a party around the spotted speeder. It was what the birthday boy wanted, after all. Here's what I came up with.


The party guests morphed into cheetahs with their ear bands, and enjoyed Cheetos and brown and yellow Reese's Pieces for snacks.


They went hunting for gazelle hidden around the yard.


They raced to save the cheetah cubs from the ravenous lions.


This is the cheetah stride challenge. Did you know cheetahs can go 23 feet in four footfalls?

A fire came and nearly destroyed their habitat, until the kids stamped it out.


The last activity was Spot the Cheetah. Mitch built this slingshot (thanks, babe!) and the kids lobbed paint-filled water balloons at some cardboard cheetahs to give them their spots. Talk about messy fun.


Splat!


Goofy guests.


Cheetah cake



Afterwards, Dallin said he "had really, really, a lot of fun". That's the goal. I had really, really a lot of fun too.

3 comments:

Alicia Larsen Dabney said...

Happy Birthday to Dallin! I can't believe he's 5 already.

You are so creative with all of the birthday party themes; it's impressive!

Brinkerhoffs said...

What a fun mom you are with birthday parties! Looks like lots of fun!

JoshCork said...

Wow Anna, you are amazing! This is such great stuff! I really have to hand it to you guys you do a fantastic job with your kids birthday parties! Leann and I really enjoy reading your blog posts as well! Thanks so much for taking the time to share this stuff!