The other day I was sitting at the computer nursing Brandt and paying bills. Suddenly I heard Adam call,"Sorry, Mom!" Uh-oh. I pushed my chair back to watch him come down the hall toward me. He wasn't wearing a shirt (another story) and his face and chest were just dripping with... what!? I took me about one second to figure out that it was Children's Motrin. Yep. Those so-called, child-proof lids? Well, they're not child-proof.
At this point I made my first-ever call to Poision Control. It turned out Adam had spilled most of the medicine down the sink, and he had not ingested a toxic amount. Thank goodness!
So Adam can claim credit for my first call to Poison Control. On seperate occasions (visits to Urgent Care), Dallin had the first broken bone in the family, and Caleb, the first stitches. Here's hoping this list of frightening firsts is also a list of lasts.