Sunday, June 27, 2010

More Utah Pictures

We felt so lucky to spend time with loved ones when we went to Utah recently.

During our visit to Mitch's parents the kids spent a lot of time in the backyard.  


Grandpa gives great train rides.


Speaking of trains, we drove out to see the site of the Golden Spike, where the kids became Junior Rangers.


We drove out to see where Grandpa worked.


We had a great stay, and got to see most of the family there.


We also spent time with Grandma and Grandpa at their cabin.
There were tons of frogs and salamanders in the pond, and the frogs' chorus was really loud.  A must-do activity at the cabin involves catching as many frogs and salamanders as possible.


Just look at the size of that thing!


Here's one of the frogs Caleb caught.


Dallin wanted his catch displayed in his bucket.


Brandt was too young to join in the hunt but he had a great time on the swing instead.


We also got to stay with my sister Heather for a few days while Mitch went to CA for work.  One of the kids' favorite activities there was playing with this cornstarch/water goop called Oobleck.


It was fun just hanging out with my family.


We held a welcome home party for my brother, Matthew (back center in the photo below), who just returned from a tour in Afghanistan.  It was so good to see him and give him a giant hug.  I also got to meet their sweet baby.


Don't you love how, after I set the timer on the camera for the above photo, I just ran and stood directly in front of my uncle?  Sorry, Uncle Phil!

We also got to stay with my parents for a couple of days, but I forgot to take my camera with me so...there are no photos of us crafting, playing, or even going down the big water slide at the pool.  Cue imagination in your case, memory in mine.


I believe that one of life's greatest and simplest pleasures is spending time with those you love.

No comments: