Monday, February 7, 2011

A Flying Leap

One afternoon last week I walked into Adam's bedroom while I was talking on the phone.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw Adam leap from the top of his six-foot loft bed, clear the two feet of air between beds and slam with a bounce, whooping with laughter, on the mattress in Brandt's crib.

We had a little talk about safety, appropriate behavior, and the backyard trampoline.

That night I went to cover a sleeping Brandt with a blanket before I headed off to bed and I noticed that the board that supports the mattress, which seemed fine when I put him to bed, was tilted and gravity had rolled Brandt headfirst into the lowest corner of the mattress.  I pulled him out of bed so Mitch could straighten the board, which, at his touch fell straight through to the ground.  I'm glad we spared Brandt the rude awakening.

No comments: