Sunday, February 20, 2011

Reduce, Reuse, Replay?

I walked around the backyard the other day trying to locate Dallin and Adam.  I couldn't see them anywhere.  I began to hear their muffled voices and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw the lid to the recycle bin move.  I had discovered them, yes, inside a trash bin.


Among other things, they were tearing out pictures of toys from advertising mailers and collecting them in a large can.  Robots, remote-control cars, stuffed animals, action figures.  They played with these things for two days, like paper dolls for boys.


This is Adam's expression when I told him that he must get out of the recycle bin and that no, he wasn't allowed to play there in the future.


So in the interest of saving the planet don't buy your children toys to play with, simply let them play in the rubbish.  You'll be amazed at how much fun they'll have.

No comments: