Saturday, November 6, 2010

Adam's Four

Adam turned four last month!  Can you believe it? Probably, but to me it's crazy.

Ten things I love about Adam:

The things he says.  Sometimes they're the darndest, most heart-melting things.  Yesterday it was, "Mom, why did the workers build Grandma and Grandpa's house far away?"

His innocence.

The way he sincerely declares, almost daily, his love for things.  Today he gathered a bucketful of lemons under our tree, proudly showed me and then peered into the bucket. "I love lemons," he said.

The way he poses for the camera (see above).

The way he searches my face for a smile and, as if prompting me, puts a cheese on his own face.


The way he wants me to pick him up and snuggle him.

The way he sprinkles his speech with the word "actually."

Watching him play with Brandt.

The way he loves to be tickled.  His giggle is contagious.

The way he forgives his older brothers, even if they're mean to him.

No comments: