Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's Great to Be Eight


This boy was born eight years ago.  Wow, I can hardly believe that much time has past since I held my first newborn baby, exhausted and as happy as I had ever been.  Look at how much he has grown.  I love Caleb so much.  He is such a great example to everyone.  He is thoughtful and has a warm heart.  He tries to do the right thing and wants to.  He's smart and very logical like his dad.  In fact, he keeps me in line a lot, which I appreciate.  He is very helpful.  Because of this, and the fact that he is the oldest, I ask him to help me a lot.  And he always does.  He's creative - he's always coming up with stories or what-if scenarios, food combinations (have you tried carrot sticks dipped in vanilla pudding?), and he's really good at art.  His brothers always want to be around him because he's fun to be with.  I love you, Caleb.






P.S.  I made my first fondant for Caleb's cake, which, while not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I'm very pleased about (the possibilities are endless)!  And I got the idea for the freezer-paper transfer for Caleb's shirt here (along with some other great ideas for Caleb's Lego birthday party coming up next week).

1 comment:

Brinkerhoffs said...

Wow Anna- are you old enough to have one that eight already?!! ;) Caleb is such a cute kid!