Thursday, October 4, 2012

Backpacking Poetry

Yesterday I sat cross-legged on the floor of our study, listening to the Ravel Piano Concerto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftJ-gJ-l5HQ
I grabbed a notepad and pencil and wrote this poem.

O, to lie
Under the sky
With my one
And only hon
Twinkle stars
The view is ours
Eat taquitos
(No mosquitos)!
Up with the sun
Time for some fun
Get across
Don't get lost!
Breathe the air
Way up there
Get that shot
(We'd smile a lot).

This goes to show that serious classical music can sometimes inspire goofy poetry.  I imagined it illustrated with simple animated stick figures of Mitch and me: in sleeping bags under twinkling stars, yawning in the rays of the rising sun,  hopping a creek, and waving from the tip-top of a pencil-drawn mountain.  I guess it's time for a backpacking trip!
(Are taquitos considered lightweight backpacking fare)?

No comments: